For many American consumers, The Hartford is one of a handful of insurance companies that most will feel comfortable with buying insurance products from.
Most people like to do business with companies they know, and because of The Hartford’s reputation and its affiliation with AARP and other large affinity groups, Hartford Life Insurance is one of those companies we consider top-shelf.
In This Hartford Life Insurance Review:
About Hartford Life Insurance Company
Hartford Life Insurance is a component of The Hartford, which was established in 1810. Simply being in the insurance industry for more than 20 decades generally speaks volumes about any insurance company.
The Hartford specializes in a variety of financial products which include life insurance, property and casualty insurance, mutual funds, and business insurance.
Hartford has also partnered with widely known AARP for almost thirty years, offering AARP members home and auto insurance. The Hartford compensates AARP for the use of AARP’s membership data, and prospective customers generally have to hold a membership in AARP to take advantage of certain products that have significant discounts.
Over the years, The Hartford has grown its footprint by adding a number of insurance products along the way. In addition to providing financial protection through life insurance coverage, The Hartford is involved in the communities that it serves and promotes volunteerism and charitable contributions.
Additionally, The Hartford became a founding member in the U.S. Paralympics in 2003 and has been branded as one of the world’s most ethical organizations.
Hartford Life Insurance Financial Ratings
Even when a life insurance company has a name as popular as The Hartford, consumers should look into a company’s financial ratings to make certain that the company is financially sound and can keep its promise to pay now and going forward.
These ratings demonstrate that The Hartford can be trusted to pay the claims of its policyholders and has a stable outlook going forward.
|Rating Service||Current Rating|
|Moody’s Investors Service||A2|
|Standard & Poor’s||A+|
The Hartford Life Insurance Products
Life insurance purchases should never be arbitrary. The life insurance you purchase should have a specific purpose, and a death benefit sufficient to cover that purpose.
Hartford Life Insurance provides different policy choices, each with unique features and benefits and terms that help you select the ideal coverage solution.
Voluntary insurance is offered by your employer, who typically participates in the cost to the employee. Employees can opt-in to obtain voluntary life insurance that will pay your beneficiary if you die during the policy term.
The premium you pay for your coverage is based on the death benefit you select, along with aspects like age and optional life insurance riders. Since you are purchasing coverage as part of a group and your employer typically secures a discount, Voluntary life insurance can make a substantial difference in the lives of individuals and families.
Group Life Insurance
Group life insurance is utilized by businesses that provide employees life insurance as part of an employee benefits package.
These life insurance policies are very affordable since your employer typically picks up the cost of the coverage, but you need to verify what happens to your insurance coverage if your employer chooses to let you go or if you decide to work for another company.
Life Insurance with No Medical Exam
The ability to get life insurance coverage from Hartford without a medical exam is an ideal solution for an individual who has a pre-existing condition that most life insurance companies will not accept.
There will likely be certain exclusions, such as age restrictions, but no medical exam life insurance is most definitely worth investigating.
The majority of people who are looking for life insurance coverage can purchase the coverage they need at a price that will fit their budget. Hartford also offers optional life insurance riders that allow you to customize and broaden your insurance coverage plus add vital living benefits.
Additional Value-Added services from Hartford Life Insurance
Along with life insurance protection for employees, the Hartford includes value-added solutions that can support an employee’s recuperation after an unexpected event.
Some of these value-added services include:
- Beneficiary Counseling – This service features thoughtful expertise that can easily help employees to deal with the legal, financial, and emotional challenges that are typically a part of losing a loved one or a very close friend.
- Funeral Planning – This service involves several online resources that can steer employees through a traumatic life event like planning a funeral and burial.
- Will Service – When you are a covered employee under a Hartford Group Life policy, you will gain access to Estate Guidance Will Services. This service assists with creating a simple but legally binding Will through a private and secure online service.
- Travel Assistance – With travel assistance, employees covered under a Hartford Group life policy can get information before traveling, whether by car or public transportation.
- ID Theft Protection and Assistance – Right now, one of the fastest-growing crime categories is identity theft. Once your identity is stolen, it has a traumatic effect on individuals and families that could last for many years. With the ID theft protection from The Hartford, employees always have access to instructive resources that can assist with stopping ID theft, as well as gain access to caseworkers who will assist with handling issues that typically come up after identity theft occurs.
Other Insurance Products offered by The Hartford
Certainly, The Hartford has become a household name when it comes to other personal lines of insurance.
Through affinity marketing with organizations like AARP, few consumers in America do not recognize The Hartford’s logo.
Auto insurance products that are offered by The Hartford include car insurance packages, as well as coverage for classic vehicles, RVs, boats, golf carts, snowmobiles, and ATVs.
The homeowners insurance offered from Hartford contains coverage for a primary residence or investment property.
The Hartford also offers renters insurance, condo insurance, flood insurance, and personal umbrella insurance coverage for home and auto owners who wish to extend their liability protection.